The town has an old castle which was founded in 1683 during the plantation of Leitrim and a Sculpture Centre which offers courses and training to students from Ireland and abroad. The North Leitrim Glens Visitor Centre provides information to tourists on walks and sights of interest in the area. Throughout the year it also runs an exciting programme of events including drama, music etc.
This plot is one of three graveyards opened shortly before and during the Great Famine of 1845 – 1849.It is a silent memorial to the famine dead.
Lisdarush Ring Fort
The Lisdarush Ring Fort can be seen off the Rossinver road approximately 2 miles from Manorhamilton.
For further information on Manorhamilton visit www.manorhamilton.ie