Parke’s Castle is a restored plantation castle from the early 17th century which is picturesquely situated on the shores of Lough Gill. It was once the home of Sir Robert Parke and his family. The Courtyard grounds contain evidence of an earlier 16th century Tower House structure once owned by Sir Brian O’Rourke who was executed at Tyburn, London in 1591. The Castle has been restored using Irish oak and traditional craftsmanship.
A guided tour of the castle takes place every hour and there is also a slide show entitled “Stone by stone” in four languages.
Location: On the Sligo-Dromahair Road (R286), 11 km from Sligo Town or 7 km from Dromahair.
Parke's Castle - Heritage Site
April to Sept 10am-6pm (Daily)- Last admission 45 mins before closing.
Lough Gill, Dromahair Co.Leitrim
Public car / coach park close to the site
Restaurant/Tearooms: Open during the high season